***Over the last couple of years we have moved slowly to get an Alumni Association going. The first hurdle was getting the trophies sorted out. With this project pretty well done, and some on display at the Sullivan West High School, we think it is time to have an event.
We are looking for ideas, volunteers, participants and contact information for Alum from all communities within our district. The vision is to:
- Have a tailgate picnic at the school in Lake Huntington (ideas, games and music)
- A walk down memory lane in the gymnasium (yearbooks, photos, student work, pictures, and more)
- A show in the auditorium(An Alum will perform)
***Members of the Sullivan West Historical Alumni Association have been doing some groundwork to set the stage for years to come. A special THANK you to the original group that met several times in the 2013-14 school year. Without your interest and support the work of this year would not have happened.
What work has happened you ask....
- Over 75 boxes of trophies and memorabilia have been sorted and readied for display.
- The district has installed trophy cases at the Lake Huntington Campus for our shared use.
- Year books have been donated.
- Alum have shared documents, pictures and books from each of the component districts dating back as far as the one room school house in Kenoza Lake.
- Alumni connections have been made. (see photos and stories)
What are some goals of the Alumni Association
- To preserve the history of the component districts
- To have an annual alumni celebration and reunion
- To share memories of our communities, schools and experiences
Please consider signing up for our email list, so that we may send you updated information on AWHAA upcoming events.