2018-19 Budget Information
The Sullivan West School District Election and Vote on the 2018-2019 Budget will be held May 15, 2018 at each of the Sullivan West election districts between the hours of 12:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Petitions are available for the following seats:
- A term of three (3) years commencing on July 1, 2018 to fill the Board seat currently occupied by Lucas Arzilli, whose term expires June 30, 2018.
- A term of three (3) years commencing on July 1, 2018 to fill the Board seat currently occupied by Rachel Brey, whose term expires June 30, 2018.
- A term of three (3) years commencing on July 1, 2018 to fill the Board seat currently occupied by Ralph G. Huggler, Sr., whose term expires June 30, 2018.
Petitions are available in the District Office at the SW Elementary School in Jeffersonville between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Petitions for nominating candidates for the office of member of the Board of Education must be filed with the Clerk of the District by 5:00 PM, Monday, April 16, 2018.
A Public Hearing on the Budget will be held at the Sullivan West High School, Lake Huntington, New York, on Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 6:30 PM, for the purpose of presenting the budget document for the 2018-2019 School Year.
The Board of Registration will meet at each of the election districts on April 18, 2018 and May 9, 2018 between the hours of 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM for the purpose of registering qualified voters of the School District. Registration and voting locations are:
- Election District #1: Delaware Youth Center (for those who reside within the boundaries of the former Delaware Valley Central School District)
- Election District #2: Sullivan West Elementary (for those who reside within the boundaries of the former Jeffersonville-Youngsville Central School District)
- Election District #3: Tusten-Cochecton Library (for those who reside within the boundaries of the former Narrowsburg Central School District)
Anyone interested in obtaining an absentee ballot for the District Election and Budget Vote must first request an Application for Absentee Ballot. The District Clerk must receive applications no later than May 8th (7 days before the vote), if the absentee ballot is to be mailed to the voter; or by May 14th if the ballot will be picked up at the District Clerk's office. All absentee ballots are due in the District Clerk's office by 5:00 PM on May 15, 2018. To request an application, please call Margaret L. Luty, District Clerk at 845-482-4610 x3000.