Under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, the Sullivan West Central School District identifies and provides educational assistance to children and youth in homeless situations.
Homeless situations may include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship or other similar reasons
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camping grounds
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Abandoned in hospitals
- Living in a public or private place not designed for sleeping
- Living in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, bus or train stations, etc.
- Migratory living in circumstances described above
If you feel that you and/or your family are in a homeless situation, please contact the District McKinney-Vento Liaison:
Sheri Parucki, MA, CAS