Return to Headlines
December 20, 2018 Board of Education Highlights
December 20, 2018 Board of Education Highlights:
- Mr. Walker & Mrs. Poston presented the Fiscal Atmosphere & Future Forecast Forum, which is attached below.
- The Senior High Choir provided the Board and public with a beautiful performance. Our Sullivan West Standouts, HS Teacher Kayla Hornicek and Elementary School Cleaner Randy Kellam were recognized and presented with certificates. Mr. Franskevicz presented alumni Michael Mullally with a third NYSPHSAA Championship Banner.
- The Board received updates from the Audit & Finance Committee, Facility Needs Committee and Policy Committee.
- The Board adopted the 2019-2020 Objectives & Parameters as well as the 2019-2020 Budget Calendar. Both documents are attached below.
- The Board adopted four revised policies: 6121 Sexual Harassment in the Workplace; 7260 Designation of Person in Parental Relations; 7512 Student Physicals and 5321 District Credit Card. The policies may be viewed below.
- French Club president Kylie Gulley provided the Board with a presentation on the French Club Field Trip. The Board approved the French Club trip abroad to Paris, Germany, Italy and Switzerland from April 10, 2019 through April 21, 2019.
- Food Services Equipment and Physical Education equipment was approved to be excessed.
- The Board rejected the General Construction (Contract No. 1-02) and Roofing Construction (Contract No. 1-09) bids.
- The minimum wage schedule was increased to $11.10 to reflect the State mandated increase.
- The Board appointed several new members to our team.
Please visit the Board of Education website to review the full agenda.