Return to Headlines
July 8, 2019 Board of Education Meeting Highlights
- The District Clerk called the Annual Organizational meeting to order and administered the oaths of office to the re-elected Board Members. Rose Joyce-Turner was appointed as the Board President and Lucas Arzilli was appointed as the Vice President.
- Christina Kautz was re-appointed as the District Clerk for 2019-2020. The Board approved various appointments and designations for the 2019-20 school year. Please visit the Board of Education website to review the 41 appointments and designations.
- The regular monthly meeting immediately followed. The Board appointed members to the following committees: Policy, Finance and Audit, Facilities Needs, Strategic Planning, Public Relations and Negotiations. Please visit the Board of Education website for dates and times of these meetings.
- Mr. Arzilli provided the Board with an update of the Facilities Needs Committee meeting on June 25, 2019.
- The Board and Superintendent recognized student Bryce Maopolski for his outstanding achievement as the 2018-19 Most Positive Boys Cross Country Athlete in New York State.
- The Board awarded the milk bid to Home Town and the ice cream bid to Gillette Creamery.
- The Board approved agreements with Sullivan County Schools Workers’ Compensation Consortium, Johnson Controls fire safety test and inspection services, Liberty Central School District and Kaplan Career Academy.
- The Board approved to excess books, technology equipment and classroom equipment in the Elementary and High School.
- The Board graciously accepted a donation from “Your Case Corporate Giving Programs”, which is a fundraising program.
- The Board approved and welcomed new personnel in our High School and Elementary:
- Carissa Coppola, High School Social Studies and Special Education Teacher
- Miranda Yoli, Elementary Teacher
- Jessie La Cascia, Elementary Special Education Teacher
- Linnea Schumacher, Elementary Physical Education Teacher
- Rachel Shene, High School Social Worker
- The Board approved Memorandums of Agreement with Sheri Parucki to assign Mrs. Parucki to the role of Chair of the Committee on Special Education and Committee on Preschool Special Education, Donal Henke to grant an unpaid leave of absence and Lisa Moran for her continued employment for the 2019-20 school year.
Please visit the Board of Education website for the full agenda. The next Board of Education meeting is scheduled for August 19, 2019.