Return to Headlines
October 16, 2019 Board of Education Meeting Highlights
- Independent Auditor from Cooper & Arias presented the 2019 Audit Report. The Board accepted the Audit Report and recommendations from the Audit & Finance Committee.
- Mrs. Meckle provided an update of the Sullivan County School Boards Association dinner meeting on October 7, 2019.
- Mrs. Rasmussen provided the Board with an update of the Policy Committee meeting on September 26, 2019. The Board adopted revisions to the following policies:
- 3280 Use of School Facilities, Materials & Equipment
- 5661 Wellness Policy
- 7511 Immunization of Students
- 7680 Independent Educational Evaluations
- The Superintendent and Board recognized the first Student of the Month, Aiden Holt and Sullivan West Standout Sheri Parucki, School Psychologist.
- The Board accepted the Tax Collector's Trial Balance Report for 2019, Correction of Errors for six properties, the Treasurer's reports and budget transfer.
- The Board authorized the Superintendent to execute a Modification Agreement with the Sheriff’s Office setting forth the responsibilities of the School Resource Officers and allowing the District to pay overtime for security at sporting/evening events at the District’s request.
- The Board approved the creation of a School Social Worker position to provide services at the High School and Elementary School.
- The Board appointed Ms. Jessica Franke to the position of Secretary to the Business Official effective October 31, 2019. Congratulations and welcome to our team!
- The Board appointed High School English Teacher Ms. Sharon McKay as the leave replacement for Mr. Henke effective November 1, 2019. Congratulations and welcome!
- The Board approved the appointment of Mrs. Dawn Priebe as a consultant, Mrs. Lisa Moran as the Deputy Treasurer, extracurricular and coach positions, substitute personnel and volunteers for the 2019-20 school year.
Please review the Board of Education website for the full agenda and attachments. The next board meeting is scheduled for November 14, 2019 at 7:00 PM.